Saturday, April 3, 2010

I heart being a VW.

Another post below on my vitamin d levels....finally getting to catch up on some blogging.


What is a VW you might ask?  About a year ago, my close friend started trying to conceive her second child.  Since she knew that I knew way too much about ovulation and how to get pregnant, we talked a lot about "exciting" and tmi things like discharge and timing.  Her husband would overhear our conversations and couldn't believe what he was hearing.  He nicknamed me the vagina whisperer and my friend and I thought it was hilarious so she started calling me her VW.  The name has stuck and several of my IRL friends call me their VW (and one calls me her Fertility Life Coach).  I love being able to encourage other women through the trying to conceive process and then to eventually see them through their pregnancy and delivery (haven't had a friend yet to adopt but I would love the opportunity to walk that journey as well).  When my friend was on the way to the hospital with strong contractions, she called me to let me know they were on their way, and I heard her husband say, "are you calling your VW?"  Too cute :)

Through this blog, I've also had the opportunity to encourage and pray for women that I've never even had the pleasure of meeting.  I get emails like "did you have cramping after your IUIs?"... "positive ovulation test tonight...please pray" to the happiest email I've received yet "I'm excited to tell you that I'm pregnant...just took a test a hour ago and my husband isn't here so I haven't even gotten to tell him yet."  Do you need someone to stalk your fertility friend chart, pray for you, encourage you through a tough time??  I would love to be your VW or Fertility Life Coach or just plain old Courtney.  You can always email me at prayingforalittleone@gmail.com.

DISCLAIMER--not a doctor, and I do not give medical advice!  Just encouragement from experiences I've been through so please don't sue me :)

3 comments:

Robin said...

Great idea! I might just have to take you up on it someday.

Michelle said...

I love that the hubby was in the background, just knowing who his wife was calling! That's so cute!

If you have room for an extra prayer tonight, my friend Michelle has been TTC since December 2005, she's 3 DPO after her third IUI! Which in my non medical opinion looks so much prettier already, than her first two....I'm praying tons!

Becky said...

Hi Courtney! I sent you an email on Sunday about praying for a little one. Were you able to get it? I just sent another email today after I saw your comment on my most recent post. I would love to participate in this month's "praying for a little one"! I feel so blessed that you would think of me!