Monday, April 12, 2010

My Gyn Appt Today

I was feeling pretty anxious when I pulled into the clinic's parking lot.  I have nothing but great memories of my time at this particular clinic because it is a brand new building that opened at the end of my pregnancy, but I just know from past experiences how quickly that can change.  Once I sat down in the waiting room with Henry in his stroller, I heard a girl behind me talking to her husband.  I was holding back the tears because I could hear her sniffling big time, and I just knew she just found out she had a miscarriage.  I sat there rubbing Henry's leg just so grateful  that he was there with me...healthy and safe.  I guess I need to stop making up a story for everyone in the waiting room because we got called back to the lab at the same time, and she just had bad allergies ;).  But it showed me just how emotional going back to the gyn is for me.  Long story short...I'm not pregnant (yes my dr insisted that I should be tested since we don't use protection), but I do have a cyst (small one on my right side).  My pain is still more to the left even though the right was tender during the exam.  My dr and I both think the pain is related to my endometriosis and since I'm not willing to get on any bc pills, there isn't much he can do.  I did crack myself up at one point...when I got back from the u/s room, my dr said he still wasn't ruling out an early pregnancy (because they didn't have the test back for the lab yet), and I replied "why?  my lining was only a 6."  He laughed...looked down at the paper and agreed..."yeah that is pretty thin."  I could tell he was pretty surprised that I knew what I was looking at on the ultrasound screen.  So how do I feel about everything?  I'm fine.  I know that endo is going to be a part of the rest of my life, and I can deal with pain.  I'm just glad it wasn't anything else!  I go back in six weeks to see how I'm doing.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You sure do know your body! I too have made up stories for other's in the waiting room and get very emotional for others. I'm glad this time it was just a woman with allergies! Because otherwise making her wait in the main waiting room would have been pretty rough! :(

Anyway, glad this appointment was nothing out of the ordinary for you!

Bristelle said...

Glad it was "ONLY" a cyst and nothing more severe. Praying it will resolve on its own and not cause you too much grief!

Lisa said...

Endo...not fun. Cyst...not fun. Endo + cyst is not cool at all. :) Glad it was nothing worse though!

Michelle said...

OMG, I had to share with you...my friend I've mentioned a couple of times, she's been TTC for 4.5 years and she was doing her 3rd IUI, she's preggo! She's 12DPO and her doc ran her HCG today to be 158! Praise God!!!!! Wasn't Henry your 3rd IUI? :) Please pray for her and her little bean. She's had 2 m/c's, but they were over 3 years ago!

I hope it was okay that I posted this in a comment, but I wanted to share it with you somehow!