Saturday, April 3, 2010

Whoops Guess I Should Take My Own Advice...

Got my Vitamin D levels back...22.5.  Normal levels are 30 to 74 so I'm not severely deficient, but I'm still deficient.  My Dr said I do not need a super dose but to start taking 2,000 units and get more sun.  I'm also going to need to start getting better about giving Henry his vitamin d drops since this means he won't be getting enough vit d in my milk.  I'm actually pretty surprised that I'm low since I've been taking supplements since before I even got pregnant with Henry.  Makes me wonder what my level was before I started taking it...yikes!  Still curious if anyone else got their levels checked.  This is really out there and obviously I don't have a medical degree to know if this is even possible, but it makes me wonder if there is something in my genes that makes it harder for me to absorb vitamin d.  They are starting to link endometriosis to autoimmune diseases (like Multiple Sclerosis--which my Aunt has) and then MS has been linked to vitamin d deficiency so it wouldn't be that far of a leap.  Okay I'm going to stop pretending to be Dr. Courtney (as my support group calls me) now...

No comments: