Friday, August 27, 2010

Prayers for Lisa

I have some really hard news to tell all of you about our sweet Lisa.  I keep typing and erasing and typing and erasing because there is just not an easy way to say this.  Lisa and Barry lost their precious baby at 14 weeks.  Please go over to Lisa's blog to let her know that you are praying for them. 

Just in case some of Lisa's IRL (in real life) friends and family might read my blog, I wanted to share this link (click on the posts below) with helpful information on helping someone through a loss.  The main lesson I've learned from experiencing a loss myself and hearing from others who have experienced loss that comments trying to make them "feel better" should be avoided during this time.  Just let them grieve.  cry.  Let them be angry.  And let them grieve on their own timetable.  There is no right way to grieve, and there are no words to say to make them feel better right now.

We love you Lisa.

No comments: