Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tomorrow is a Big Day!

Tomorrow morning is our big ultrasound, and Shaun and I just can't wait to find out if our sweet baby is a boy or a girl! Pretty much everyone including me, strangers, coworkers, friends, and some family (my entire family thinks girl-but that is just because I'm the only girl in my fam with 3 older brothers) feels strongly that our baby is a boy! I have felt for sure since pretty much the beginning of this pregnancy that our baby is a boy so I'm going to be very shocked if it is a girl. Shaun has gone back and forth, but right now he is placing his guess that our baby is a boy since everyone keeps telling him that is what we are having based on my symptoms! And since he is an engineer, he is using his logic to make a guess since "statistically we have a higher chance of conceiving a boy with an IUI timed right at ovulation." I think this goes without saying if you are a reader of my blog, but I do want to emphasize in all of this guessing fun that we just want a healthy baby. We realize how blessed we are to have our sweet little one! I did put up a poll at the top of the blog so you have 24 hours to enter your guess!! Leave me a comment and let me know what you guessed! Below is the most recent belly shot at 17 weeks (I'm 18 now).


14 comments:

Foster Mama said...

I'm guessing a Boy also, I agree that doing the IUI gives a better chance of a boy. I'm just excited that the IUI worked and you look so healthy. It gives me alot of hope!!!

Mandy said...

YAY! I'm excited for you, as I've been following your blog since before you got pregnant. I'm now 16 weeks and have about 2 1/2 more weeks until I find out. I voted that you are having a girl. This is based on NO logic whatsoever. I only think this because you always talked about Baby Faith (which I imagined being a girl) before getting pregnant and so I always pictured you having a girl. I can't wait to find out either way, though.

Lisa said...

I guessed a boy because you appear to be carrying low, but you know how all of those old wives tales can be (lol). I ALWAYS thought I was pregnant with a little boy (Mother's intuition) I guess, but when it was time to find out... my hubby was wrong and I was right with a guess of a boy!!

Oh, little boys are great. I know my little one is just so affectionate and sweet and well I am sure you would be happy with whatever you are blessed with.

Can't wait to hear!!

Lisa

Misty Dawn said...

I can't believe its time for your big u/s! Time sure does fly!

Birdee said...

I guessed girl.

you look so cute with your pregnant belly. I hope you post more pics. I'm a pic addict, not just of my own but of everyone elses too.

I cant remember, did you say if your feeling the baby move yet?
You got to let us know when you do if you havent already :)

I Believe in Miracles said...

LOVE the picture. You are so cute, little pregnant lady!! Love it.

I guessed a girl. :o)

Keep us posted. Can't wait to find out.

~~HUGS~~

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's fair to make us guess without all of the info. You know, the wives' tales stuff.

You are exactly a month behind me. Praise God that the IUIs worked. I'm having a little girl, so that's going to be my guess.

The Dettling's said...

Oh my, Court! You look adorable!!! We're so happy for y'all and can't wait to meet our new nephew & cousin! Christmas is going to be so much fun in the coming years! We love you!

The Thagards said...

Congratulations! I guessed girl. Good luck at your ultrasound!! I'm excited for you!! Robin

Anonymous said...

I think you just might be one of the cutest pregnant ladies I've ever seen! You look adorable!
I think you are having a boy, but that is my non-scientific guess!!! I can't wait to hear!

Anonymous said...

It's a girl...I've said that from the very beginning.

You are so cute!

Michelle said...

I guessed a boy!!! :) And I am on pins and needles waiting because you now know....and we don't!!!!! I can't wait to hear!

And your belly is just adorable!!!

Hugs and belly pats,
Shelley

Kate said...

where are you girl? is everything ok? have been stalking you since i got out of hossy to find out what happened fri... update when you can-- hope all is well!

Kelly said...

Congrats on your journey! You are adorable pregnant!