Sunday, January 24, 2010

Praying for a Little One--for Loren

Please join me in prayer for Loren this month (Jan-Feb) and let her know if you prayed for her in the comments section. I know she will be encouraged by your prayers, and I know all of you will be blessed by her story

Loren met her hubby in 2002, and they became best friends almost immediately. By 2003, they were madly in love and didn't look back. Unlike many couples, Loren and her husband didn't wait to try to conceive and never prevented pregnancy. It was after a year of trying that Loren found herself at a gyn clinic looking for answers. Loren was diagnosed with anovulation, and clomid was recommended for treatment. Those of you who have taken clomid know how hard even just one cycle can be on your emotions...Loren and her husband attempted six. The stress of treatments proved to be too much, and they stopped treatments in September 2008.

Since stopping treatments, Loren and her husband have been able to relax more and are waiting patiently for God to lead them towards the next step. But of course even without the stress of infertility treatments, infertility still takes a toll. Here are Loren's thoughts on the hardest part of dealing with infertility for her:

"The emotions. Infertility has more ups and downs and all arounds, than anything I have ever experienced. I think the worst part is the feeling of being alone. Although I know my husband wants a child, I do not feel like he has the physical desire that women naturally have. I see and read about so many women who struggle with Infertility yet still I feel so alone. Every woman's story is different. Some days are harder than others. One of the most bitter moments for me was when I went through my blog roll of Infertility Blogs, and ALL of them had turned into pregnancy or parenting blogs. Out of the original blogs that I read, not a single one of them was still infertile. Except me. It gives me a sense of being left out or left behind. I want so much to be on the other side of infertility, but time seems to only take that dream further away from me. I remember being that "girl" on the message boards and blogs that had been trying to conceive for 13 months, or 15 months... never ever ever in my wildest dreams did I think I would be "this girl" the girl that has been trying even longer than most, the girl that has been trying for 42 months!!!! 42 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days to be exact! but I am that girl. Like it or not. So i'm trying daily to accept that and put my faith in the Lord, that I will one day be the girl that has all her dreams come true. The girl that becomes the Mom!"

Loren's Prayer Requests:
For God to continue to strengthen her marriage and allow Loren and her husband to communicate their feelings with one another.
For strength to keep faith, and for God to lead Loren to make the right decisions for her future.
Pray for healing.
For courage to not break down during her weak moments.
Most of all Loren thanks God for all of the blessings that she has, and she prays that she never loses sight of what is important in her life.

Here is a picture of Loren snuggling with her precious nephew.  Can't you tell she is just the sweetest southern girl?  Praying for you Loren--keep us updated!!


13 comments:

Mandy said...

Loren has been one of my blog friends for the past year or more. I've been praying for her for a long time and will continue to. I'm glad you are doing this.

Anonymous said...

Loren---

My husband and I have been married 13 years. On our second anniversary we decided we wanted a baby in our lives...God had a different time-table.

We tried on our own, we tried Clomid, we had this test and that test and still nothing. We went to a Reproductive Endo. and first round of IUI got pregnant. Then at 9 weeks miscarried. Had time to grieve. Went back to RE and did 2 more IUI. Nothing. Then Dr. started talking about IVF.

I was terrified of IVF for physical and spiritual reasons. So we took about 4 years to pray and see if God would do it the old fashioned way. He did not.

As time passed I began really researching and praying about IVF and came to the conclusion that if I put parameters around what I am comfortable with then I could do it. I realized that doctors can be the greatest in the world but unless God breathes life into that egg/sperm the doctors will fail. Everything is still up to GOD.

So we did IVF and negative. We were so heartbroken because we thought that was the answer. That was the last step. After a month we decided to give the IVF 1 more try because the doc was going to change some things. The 2nd time worked and AFTER 11 YEARS OF INFERTILITY we have a beautiful healthy baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I pray for you is that 1) you allow God to comfort you through the Holy Spirit in a supernatural way. 2) That you never let the devil tear your marriage apart.---Satan would like nothing more than another marriage to fall apart. 3) That God will hear all of our prayers and bless you and your husband with a child.

Hang in there. Research shows that the stress of infertility is up there with cancer so what you are feeling is what so many other women go through. Keep praying and trust God for your every need.

Janet said...

Courtney, I love what you have done with this blog!! Lauren I am praying for you. God is great and I will continue to pray for you to be blessed with a little one SOON! All things are possible with GOD!! Big hugs to both of you!

Michelle said...

Loren, I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I pray for your peace, I pray for hope, and I pray for your arms to be filled with a little one in God's time!

heartincharge said...

Thanks Courtney for helping me not to focus on myself all the time. Loren, I will pray for you. I understand that sometimes it feels like we are in this alone because our husbands don't long for this the same way we do. But we are never alone. Hold on!

barrentree said...

Loren-I am definitely praying for you. My story is extremely similar to yours (Paul and I met in 2002, married in 2003, started trying right away and still no children).

Hang in there, I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Courtney-it is so awesome that you are doing this!!! Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to intercede for other women (and the added bonus of being reminded that we are not alone).

M said...

Courtney, your blog is such a blessing and so uplifting. I'm so glad you decided to use it to minister to other women facing infertility.

Loren, I pray you feel the warm arms of Jesus around you and comforting you. In all the struggles you face, cling to Him, he will never fail you. At my lowest low of infertility, I found myself drifting from Him at a time when I needed Him the most. I pray for His presence in your life. (((HUGS)))

Megan said...

Hi Loren,

I have been praying for you so hard this week. It hurts my heart that you feel alone in this journey. I know just how you feel, and how frustrating it can be when it seems that your husband doesnt seem to feel the EXACT same way that you do. I think that men tend to keep their emotions tucked away and put on a "brave face" in times like these. There are days when I want to shake my husband and say "why dont you care about this as much as I do". Deep down, I know that he does care, but he doesnt wear his emotions on his sleeve like I do. I am sure your husband is the same way. I will continue to pray so hard for you and your husband. Please email me if you ever need to vent.
Much Love,
Megan

☆ Loren ☆ said...

I cannot thank all of you enough, your thoughts and prayers mean so much to me. Courtney you truly are an Angel. Thank you so much for this!!

Bristelle said...

Hi Loren,
I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you as well. I can only imagine the pain of having to wait so long for your miracle. Just remember through this that God has a plan for you and He is always with you even in the darkest times. Although sometimes it doesn't feel like it, God is in control.

Thank you for sharing your story with us and allowing us to pray for you!

Candi from PAL said...

Praying for you Loren!!Gods timing is not always easy, but is is perfect.

Courtney, what an amazing blessing this blog will be to so many women who just need to feel the power of Gods presence during such a trying time.

J said...

Just wanted to say hi! I linked your blog from Kelly's and was surprised to see a fellow MS girl blogging about IF/parenting. I'm from the reservoir area but live in Tupelo now. Love your blog, BTW! Saying prayers for Loren that she receives her miracle soon.

Anabelle said...

Courtney...LOVE your blog. I stumbled upon it after reading some other webMD ladies blogs. You are such a testimony for Jesus! I also am jealous of your southern charm!!

Loren...praying for you!!