Thursday, July 8, 2010

Well it was fun while it lasted...

11 dpo...woke up this morning to low temp, cramping and spotting (11 days past ovulation=way too early, see below).  I was really starting to think that maybe people were right that I might start having normal cycles after pregnancy.  We infertile girls like to hope and dream..don't we?!

I'm not sad that I'm not pregnant.  I really didn't think there was a possibility that it would happen.  I'm just sad that my body is still acting like her old self.  I don't have that strong ache for a baby right now, and I'm actually trying my hardest to keep that far far away for as long as possible because it hurts too much.  I really didn't have much sympathy when I was trying to conceive for women who already had children and were having a difficult time conceiving.  Now I might end up being that girl, and I'm scared what that might feel like.  I know all to well now the daily joy of having a child.  The smiles he brings to my face.  The cute little faces he makes.  I've never worked so hard in my life (taking care of a baby is much harder than I thought!), but I can't even put into words how much it is worth it.  I know I will want another child just as much as I wanted Henry.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

All I have to say it DITTO, well for the most part :) I should have temped to see what was going on with my crazy body...oh well.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear that Courtney...just because you have a baby in your arms doesn't take away the desire for more! Boo to bodies that don't do what they are supposed to do! Although we have to be thankful for them at the same time because they did provide you with Henry and me with my little one!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear your body doesn't seem to be on a more normal road. :( I wish that were the case!

And I agree, when trying for your first, it's hard to understand that desire for women who already have a child, but that doesn't make your desire for another child less or YOU less deserving to see your dreams come true!

Sending hugs your way!

The Activity Mom said...

What an emotional rollercoaster! I'm so sorry. I'm sure that is hard!

Got your message about the flashcards. That is a great activity for him! Isn't that so fun?! =)
Other ideas for the flashcards....get two packs and have him match them or make a file folder game so he can experiment with pulling them off and putting them on velcro (B never really got into that). Later on down the road, you can cut them apart to make puzzles.

Great to hear from you! =)

Megan McKenzie said...

Hey Courtney! You are in my prayers. Remember that God is in control, and His timing is perfect. Trust me, I know it is hard to focus on that, but he has amazing plans for you and your family. PLEASE let me know if you ever need anything!