Sunday, February 22, 2009

2nd Trimester Bliss

Hey Girls!! I'm back! I finally have a new healthy (lol) home computer so expect much more blogging from me in the near future. I feel like I need to be honest that it is difficult for me to blog about pregnancy when I know so many of you are still going through extremely hard times. My hope is that with sharing my entire journey with you the ugly, the bad, and now the good that reading this blog will leave you with hope. I can honestly say now that every single moment of heartache was worth it. I'm actually grateful for going through infertility. I'm not the same person that I was before this journey...my marriage isn't the same...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This past Saturday was our first big shopping day for nursery furniture. We started looking a little last weekend, but we decided to actually go to every baby store in our entire area in one day. I loved every second of it. My favorite moment of the day was when Shaun and I decided to take a moment to talk things over while we sat on the gliders in B R US. It is going to be hard to really explain this moment, but I think it finally set in with both of us that we were preparing to bring a baby home. On our final stop of our baby store tour, we found the perfect crib and dresser/changing table. Shaun and I have very similar taste especially in furniture so we usually know right away once we see it...and it was definitely the style/price/size that we were looking for in our nursery furniture. I will post pics soon from the catalog (it takes 10 weeks for the furniture to come in).

Update on symptoms: I feel great!! My energy is back, and I'm starting to show a little more. My bbs have definitely grown...actually so fast that I now have my first pregnancy related stretch mark. Shaun thinks that all stretch marks can be prevented with the pregnancy stretch mark cream that I purchased recently lol. I'm now trying to apply the lotion in front of him everyday to prove that these stretch marks are just going to happen...lotion or not. Next dr appt is tomorrow morning so I will try to post an update and some pics tomorrow!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear that things are going so well for you. Oh yes...stretch marks!! I look like I was in a battle with a BIG mean cat and the cat won. I just rolled with it and now remember them as great memories of when I was pregnant!! Good luck at your appointment. Can't wait to see pics.

~ Lisa

Kate said...

glad to hear you're back courtney-- i've missed you!! :)

as for the stretch marks & "miracle" cream- nolan thought the same thing initially... he's since been undecieved since he watches me grease up religiously & the stretch marks just keep coming-- lol! it's ok, they're like battle wounds-- we've earned every single one!

good luck at your appt!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear your update! I've been wondering about you. Glad to hear everything is going so well. GL with the dr.s tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back- I've been thinking about you and hoping you were merrily going in to your 2nd trimester!
Please keep us in your prayers as I have started stims for this IVF. I'm excited, but of course nervous too!!

Best of luck to you and I am truly happy for you, that you and Shaun have finally been blessed!!!

The Dorns said...

Picking out furniture was sooooooooooo fun. Picking out a name is sooooooooooo was not. Let me tell you though 10 weeks feels like an eternity to wait for the furniture after awhile so keep your self busy. Paint the room, register for gifts, find your take home from the hospital outfit, read a parenting book or something you'll go crazy.

I recommend three books
The No cry sleep solution book
The happiest baby on the block
The vaccine book by Dr Sears

Have fun this trimester is the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

First i just want to say that i love reading your journey through this. You have no idea who i am but i was researching online about infertility and came across your blog, and started reading and could stop reading. I love it. I'm going through the same thing right as you had already went through. I am going to the doctors next week to start the whole IUI procedure and actually i was very nervous about it but from you recording everything that you were going through made me feel more at ease with everything, from the pics to the video. It was great to read real life stuff just not doctor words!!

BTW I'm Sue and i'm from Toronto, Ontario, CAN.

I"m glad that you kept a blog of this. It for some reason has been almost the only thing that has kept me sane and knowing that there is still hope for me. I loved that you didn't give up not once.
I hoping that i get pregnant soon, it's been almost 2 years. I have PCOS and i never ovulate. I've tired metformin 3 months, femara(it's like clomid) 2 months and nothing. It was like i wasn't even taking anything. So i'm hoping the injections work.
Anyway, if you don't mind, i'm going to continue reading your blog, it's helping me get through this.

Oh yeah congrats on everything, your courage, ambition, and determination. AND of course your litle bundle of joy!!

Thanks,
Sue

Michelle said...

The mental picture of you two rocking in BRU is priceless..yes! You will be bringing home a baby!!!!!

LOL about the stretch marks and cream...hey, it's worth a try, at least that way you know you did what you could! :)