Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Best Compliment

Today was a very special milestone for me. My first stranger noticed my belly and felt confident enough to say something to me! I told Shaun on our way into the restaurant for lunch that I really shouldn't have left my jacket in the car because I didn't look prego...and my belly just looked "weird." We were in line for probably not even a minute when I heard....
Old Man with his cute wife: Ma'am! Ma'am!!(Don't forget that I live in Mississippi)
Court: (turned around to talk to him)
Old Man: You are a beautiful mother..and you sir (pointing to Shaun)are a lucky man!
Court: Oh thank you! thank you!!
Shaun: I'm very lucky...you are right.
Well I don't think the smile left my face for the rest of the lunch. Shaun was cracking up because he knew I was so, so happy. It was seriously such a sweet thing for him to say, and it was so cute how hard he worked to make sure he got my attention. He also called me a mother, which was just music to my ears.

On a side note...I'm happy to report that I don't think my RE is going to forget me anytime soon (not that I really thought for a second that he would forget my craziness/medical-wanna-be questions--my support group does not just call me Dr. Courtney for fun!). I know seven of his current patients...two of which are my really good friends. Well apparently my one good friend went to an appt and kept saying...."yeah Courtney told me that." The next morning, my other good friend must have also mentioned my name because she texted me "Dr. H says that you know everyone." I really don't know that many people here since I just moved here twoish years ago, but I do know a lot of his patients, and I'm so grateful to God that He has placed these women in my life. I can't put into words what a blessing they are to me.

Lately I have been especially blessed by some very special comments left by women who have stumbled to my blog through google. A big shout out to Sue in Canada. Your comment really touched me, and I hope with you that this is your cycle. As much as I want to keep everyone updated about my pregnancy, I still feel called to talk frequently about infertility and to provide encouragement to those of you still waiting. I'm not going to promise, but my goal is to post an infertility related post once a week. I think my first topic is going to be the most common misconception about infertility (and there are many!!), but I believe this is the most common. Another item that has really been on my heart lately is praying for my little one. I pray often for the safety and health of my baby, but I want to start praying more specifically. I plan on including these prayers at the end of any pregnancy related post, and I hope that many of you will join with me in prayer for the baby that we trust that God has for you.

Prayer for My Little One: Lord I pray that my little one will come to know you at a very young age and that his/her faith in You will continue to grow deeper as he/she grows.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

How cute!! Doesn't that make you feel so great? I was always told that I was a beautiful pregnant woman and that made me feel so great especially with my ever growing belly (lol). Hmmm, you wonder if those thought I was more pretty pregnant yhen not (Mmm, makes ya wonder) lol.

Hugs,
Lisa

Kristin said...

Ok, Courtney, you're gonna have to stop with the tear jerkers! I cry enough already!! I am so happy that you are doing well, and will definately be praying for your precious little one!
~Kristin (MrsNealsWheels on WebMD)

Michelle said...

Awwww, i got so teary eyed with the old man getting your attention to tell you that you are a beautiful mother! Indeed he is right!

And I know God will answer your prayers...just look what He's done so far, He's amazing!

Shelley

Kate said...

what a beautiful post courtney! i somehow fell behind on my blog reading & when i went to catch up on the GA bill (saw your psot on PAIF) i got all weepy over this one! (sniff, sniff...) what a sweet old guy & i bet you are a beautiful preggo!

tubal reversal surgery said...

Such a wonderful post and terrific information. i got useful info from this post. keep it up and thanks for sharing.