Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Better Than a Hallelujah

Several new posts below as I'm finally catching up on blogging...


A few weeks back I got the sweetest text message from my friend Laura who said that she thought of me when she heard the new song by Amy Grant "Better Than a Hallelujah," and she thanked me for making her sensitive to those who are struggling with infertility.  I actually had not heard the song yet when I got her text message but heard it on the radio not long after I got her message, and I immediately started crying when I heard the song.  These lyrics are so true.  How many times in the midst of infertility did I find myself unable to even find the words to pray?  God hears our heart.  Even recently, I've been walking with a friend through a very difficult time and find myself not having words when praying on her behalf.  God knows our needs. He just wants us to come to Him.

Lyrics and youtube video below...

Better Than a Hallelujah by Amy Grant
God loves a lullaby 
In a mothers tears in the dead of night 
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes. 
God loves the drunkards cry, 
The soldiers plea not to let him die 
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes. 

We pour out our miseries 
God just hears a melody 
Beautiful the mess we are 
The honest cries of breaking hearts 
Are better than a Hallelujah. 

The woman holding on for life, 
The dying man giving up the fight 
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes 
The tears of shame for what's been done, 
The silence when the words won't come 
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes. 

Better than a church bell ringing, 
Better than a choir singing out, singing out.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3AmhFXckSc&feature=fvw

3 comments:

M said...

What a beautiful song. And I LOVE the new pics of Henry you posted on your other blog... precious!

Ashley said...

I do love this song - Amy G. sang it on a flood benefit concert that was televised and I love, love, love it!

Candi from PAL said...

I love this song too! I can totally relate to the desperate cries in the middle of the night.

I love your blog and I love the amazing things you are doing for women hurting. You are truely a blessing. Many times during our IF journey your struggle to get Henry and your faithfullness(and your blog) kept me going. God is doing amazing things through you!