Saturday, January 17, 2009

Special Birthday Present

My 25th birthday was yesterday, and I got the most wonderful present...we heard sweet pea's heartbeat!! I decided to get the Doppler out again last night when I got home from work because I had a very full bladder. I searched and searched really low, and I was about to give up on finding it, but I decided to try several inches below my belly button in the center (a little higher), and there it was...the most wonderful sound!! I pressed the record button as soon as I heard it. Shaun was still at work so I called him and told him I had something to play for him. I could tell he was extremely excited and relieved to hear our baby's heartbeat. We have our second ob appt on Tuesday morning, but at least there won't be as much anxiety since we heard the heartbeat. I will admit now that not finding the heartbeat last week really got us both scared. Click below to hear sweet pea's heartbeat at 10w3d..172bpm.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

That is great!! I just have to tell you - I played the sound of the heartbeat and my dog (a golden retriever) came up and was quite interested in what the noise is - and then she cocked her head to the side. Brad and I always try to find things she will do that for because she NEVER does it. She must really like the sound of your baby's heartbeat :)

Birdee said...

Isn't it so amazing to her that? Our's is exactly alike - mine is 172-173bpm too. I love it.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful sound!! Oh, I think I cried every single time I heard Cameron's heart beat and there was nothing better then it. Enjoy it!! Thanks for sharing : )

Faith said...

Beautiful. What an amazing gift!!! And Happy Birthday :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful!!!! It's making me get all teary!!!!
And Happy Belated Birthday!
Shelley

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday (a little late!). Wow, how exciting. congratulations! And my guess is you'd better be prepared for comments like: "10 weeks? you look like you're 7 months!" Have you gotten that yet? You look amazing. I hope it just keeps getting better for you!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!! What a great present.

Anonymous said...

It sounds beautiful! I heard Noah for the first time on my birthday too (in the ER though). I am so excited for you.