Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Bump Photo: 8 weeks

This was New Year's Eve...If you look closely, you can see a little bump. I think the progesterone supps are making me show earlier, but I did show early with my first pregnancy, and I wasn't on progesterone with that pregnancy.



We had a great time at the New Year's party! I drank lots of sparkling white grape juice (I love that stuff) and cuddled up next to Shaun as much as possible (I've been a little clingy lately). I wanted to cry uncontrollably when we counted down to 2009, and we all toasted in the new year. 2008 was a very tough year, and it felt really good to say goodbye to 2008 with so many wonderful expectations for 09. The next day...we headed to Birmingham, AL to meet our newest little nephew, Noah and to give lots of attention to Noah's big brother James (15 months) to help with the transition. I know I'm very partial as an Aunt but let me just say that they are both absolutely adorable! It was a really great experience for us especially for Shaun to get to see the first couple days home from the hospital. I told my sister-in-law that it was like that TLC show Bringing Home Baby except that this was the LIVE Edition. It really made Shaun and I realize just how much we have left to learn! Shaun really paid close attention to everything and asked lots of questions (too cute). I also got to go to Motherhood with my Mom. It was a very special afternoon because we have both been looking forward to that day for a long time. We spent hours in that store, and we found a lot of cute clothes ;). Our favorite purchase was a black and white polka dot dress...I know it doesn't sound that cute but I have to admit that I love it, and I can't wait to wear it.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

You look too cute with that baby bump. Oh, I loved going to Motherhood when I was pregnant. They have so many cute clothes and they just make you feel so pretty. I think the dress sounds cute and I bet you will look great in it. Old Navy has lots of cute maternity clothes too if you have one near you.

Anonymous said...

That's funny. This past weekend I went to Mother. Hood with my mom and bought the black and white polka dot dress too. I think it was the first thing I tried on.

I'm excited for you and know how you feel. I have the doppler too, but didn't use it until after my 12week appt. I didn't want to freak out if I couldn't find the heart beat.

I'm looking forward to all of your updates. Good luck.

Michelle said...

Awwww, I'm just in tears reading your update! I am so happy for you guys! Cheers to a WONDERFUL 2009!!!!
Shelley

Michelle said...

Awwww, I'm just in tears reading your update! I am so happy for you guys! Cheers to a WONDERFUL 2009!!!!
Shelley