Friday, April 17, 2009

23 Weeks

Very Pregnancy Related Post

I can't believe it!! The weeks keep on flying by, and I'm really surprised that we are already 23 weeks along. I absolutely love being pregnant! I love feeling my sweet boy move around in my tummy. I love the way Shaun constantly put his hand on my tummy and moves up and down to feel how big my bump has grown. I'm absolutely amazed at the miracle that is taking place, and I find it so hard to believe that people can experience this and not believe there is a God. I will admit though that I feel like I need to take back some things that I said about some pregnant women when I was going through treatments. Probably one of the hardest things for me to hear through this journey was women complaining or just talking about the common aches and pains/symptoms of pregnancy and labor and delivery. Those comments hurt me so deeply emotionally that I would start to feel physically sick. I would tell Shaun to "slap me (obviously not literally) if I ever get pregnant and if I ever complain." I honestly thought that these women were exaggerating their symptoms (I'm sure some do) and that they needed to learn how to deal with a little pain. I will admit now that I didn't realize just how difficult/hard pregnancy can be on your body. I have pretty severe back pain, and reflux is making every meal and for some time after the meal very uncomfortable. But I still say slap me if I complain! I need to be grateful for every moment, every ache and pain because I realize how incredibly blessed I am to be able to carry my son.
Last Saturday was also a huge milestone for us...we registered at Bab.ies.r.u.s!! This was such a highly anticipated day for me that I actually talked to Shaun about my expectations on our drive over to the store. He just laughed at me because he knew what I was really saying was..."we've waited a long time to do this and we are going to do it right...no complaints about being tired or taking too long making a decision." We went down each aisle and discussed what we needed and what would be best. Shaun was great, and I even started to become the impatient one when he was looking at our travel system and the mechanics of how it worked. I knew I wanted that travel system because I knew other moms that had it, but he wanted to see exactly how it worked and if it would be the best. I was surprised by my confidence in picking out baby products...I guess I paid attention at all of those showers! But I was still walking around like I was in a dream. I ran into a friend of mine from my support group, and I couldn't even talk right. She should be here registering...not me. Why me??!! I wanted to be sensitive and everything that came out of my mouth was total crap. I just wish I could re-do that entire conversation...I would have said something completely different. It is interesting to me that I have run into 3 of the girls in my support group at different times at B.r.us. This is pretty incredible because it is not like we live in a small town. I'm almost starting to believe there is some significance to this and that God is showing us that He is placing each other in our lives for a purpose.

I know I'm a dork, but I wanted to take a picture to remember registering. People were seriously laughing at us when we were taking this pic as you can imagine.


And here is the most recent bump photo: I'm even way bigger than this photo...we are really growing these days!



Also, calling all IVF experts...Go over and encourage my friend Bridget through her ivf cycle. It was less than a year ago that we were both talking about how we were "not" going to give ourselves shots...and look at us now. She is a precious friend who has walked a most difficult journey. She is my hero.

8 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

You look great! I thought registering at BRU was so overwhelming. Like you, I'd waited so long to do it that every decision needed to be well thought out. I hope you enjoyed "shopping" for your sweet boy.

Lisa said...

You look GREAT!! I did things like that too so I could remember being pregnant and being able to experience special things like that. One thing that I would HIGHLY recommend for any Mom, but most especially for us Moms that had difficulty getting pregnant... do a belly cast!! You will love it and be so happy you did it. I ordered mine online and my husband and I made it in the family room...just the two of us. It was such a special moment and a WONDERFUL keepsake. I have a picture of ours on my blog, but you might need to go back in the archives. Enjoy your pregnancy... you look FABULOUS!!

I Believe in Miracles said...

You look ADORABLE!!! Love these updates sweetie.

Lauren said...

Courtney, you're totally NOT a dork! I think you're precious! If it were me I'd want to take pictures and mark every little milestone. Enjoy every second (I know you are!). :)

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Courtney, you are such a cute little mama! I love reading your updates. Your faith in God through this process has been such an inspiration to me.

~Candi (Iwantanother1 from Webmd)

Lisa said...

You look so cute! I love your pregnancy wardrobe.

Michelle said...

I think I just cried (happy tears) through your entire post! You look beautiful and are totally glowing, both in your pictures and in your words!
Belly pats!
Shelley

Mandy said...

Sorry this isn't related to your post, but I'd love for you to read one of my most recent blogs (A Shout-Out) and comment on it. You'll see why when you get there. Thanks!