Friday, May 29, 2009

"Velcome to Baby Land"

This week I watched Father of the Bride Part II and laughed my head off. Franck cracks me up! Last time I watched F of B Part II, I cried my eyes out. It was on television, and it was probably right after a big fat negative. Shaun came in the room and caught me with tears running down my face. He always seemed to walk in when I was watching some baby program (deliver me, baby story) and crying. He would always say, "Courtney, you have got to stop doing this to yourself!"--and then he would make me change the channel. But instead of getting on to me with F of B II, he sat down and watched it with me. I guess he realized that I needed to cry it out. One of my favorite parts is when Franck shows George the baby suite, and he says "Velcome to Baby Land." Well thanks to my sweet husband's very hard work last weekend, we now have our very own baby land. It is missing all of the final touches like curtains, accessories, and wall hangings but still we have a nursery! Here is a sneak peak...the pictures make the walls look like they have a lavender undertone but I promise it is straight up light blue.







And here was the last picture taken of me out and about..right before the big scare and bedrest...27 week bump.




And here we are celebrating 29 weeks! Wednesday is our official new week day, and we have decided to celebrate every Wednesday. I put on a cute shirt and my Henry necklace (Bridget gave to me as my Mother's Day gift--very special to me) before Shaun got home. Shaun brought home some nutty buddy ice cream cones, and we took a picture. I ended up changing my shirt before the pic because I didn't want to get any food on my shirt.



Oh and here is the blue glow that I get to enjoy from my couch...


This post would not be complete without a big thank you to my Mom! She got here last Thursday night, left a few hours ago to go back home, and she worked like crazy the entire time she was here! My kitchen cabinets and pantry are completely re-organized, bathrooms are clean, and a freezer full of yummy casseroles and soups are ready for us to eat. It was so great to have her here! I really enjoyed her company. Thanks Mom! Love You!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Your nursey is so cute.

I found your blog from some of your posts on WebMD and I have been reading ever since. I am so happy for you. It has been nice to see your posts before and now. You can "see" your emotions in your words.

I can't wait to "meet" baby Henry.

Lindsey said...

The nursery looks great, Courtney!

I especially love the last picture of the blue glow from the room...it's the little things. :)

You're doing great keeping that little boy right where he needs to be!

Ashley said...

Absolutely love the nursery - and that blue glow is amazing!!! Hope you are doing great :)

May said...

What cute bedding! Henry will be very stylish in there!

Robin said...

The nursery looks awesome...! And what a great Mom you have.

Hang in there!

Michelle said...

Awwwww, Henry's room is looking great!! The blue glow made me smile!!!

Yeah for your awesome mom!!!

Sara said...

I am a WebMd momma so I wanted to check on you!
The nursery is beautiful! I love your bedding. :) I need to put the finishing touches on mine too - it is painted but not organized!
I hope you are feeling well. Henry, stay put!!

Kate said...

love the nursery courtney, it's so cute & the bedding is darling! (I hate to seem nitpicky, but i have to ask if you guys are planning on using the crib bumper? the NICU folks wer adament we not use one bc it's a SIDS risk. pleae don't be offended, I just wanted to mention, since it was something i didn't know before the docs told me.)
& you look beautiful girl! way to go on 29 weeks-- you are doing an amazing job keeping that little man baking!

jody said...

hey Courtney, it's Jody from PAIF. I was put on hospitalized bed rest from 5/4 till last week.Our boys were born early and are thriving in the NICU. I know it is a very scary time and the drugs can be mean to your body big time. Just take it day by day. Everyday in your belly = 3 days in the NICU. Email me w/any questions. jody1079@sbcglobal.net

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Your nursery looks beautiful - seriously stunning, and so do you!

I'm also hoping to get to 36 weeks which is 5 Aug :) with these twins

The Dettling's said...

My grey dress looks cuter on you than it did on me! :) I love the nursery and I'm working on the accessories! Hang tight! :)