Sunday, August 23, 2009

New Blog!

When I started Praying for a Little One in May 2008, I was in a very bad place in my life. The unfulfilled due date of Baby Faith had just passed, and I got a false positive pregnancy test on a clomid cycle that month. I found myself needing to write down my feelings to sort things out, but I didn't expect anyone to read along. I didn't anticipate how therapeutic blogging would be for me or the incredible amount of support and encouragement I would receive from the amazing community of infertility bloggers around the world. It is such a blessing to be able to look back now at the archives of Praying for a Little One and see what God has done in just a year. As I enter my third week of motherhood, I find myself wanting to blog about the little adventures and sweet moments of our little guy. I'm keeping Praying for a Little One active as an infertility blog and will continue to post thoughts and encouragement about infertility so I've decided to create a separate parenting after infertility blog. So much to say...so little time! It has definitely been the most life changing, challenging, and joyful three weeks of my life. Come laugh with us as we figure out how to be parents to our little miracle!
http://forthislittleoneweprayed.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I couldn't get my comment to work on your new blog so I'm posting it here:

I don't have a lot of advice since my little boy is only 2 1/2 weeks old and I'm still figuring everything out myself. However, my thought is that if bouncy seats and moving carseats and walking all help him sleep, maybe a vibrator that fits on the side of the crib (available at Toys R Us) would soothe him to sleep in his crib. Maybe it's the motion that he needs.

I know that I was finding myself sleeping with the baby in bed with us because we were all sleeping much better that way and it was a habit I didn't want to really get into. So, even though it took more work, I found that if I could get Josiah to sleep soundly before laying him in his crib, he could make it a few hours before waking again to eat. I don't know why rocking Henry into a deep sleep isn't really working for you before laying him down. Unfortunately, he may have his days and nights mixed up if he's awake for so long at night, and I don't have any suggestions for that.

If you end up finding something that works, please let us know. The rest of us new moms could use some advice too!

Lisa said...

Courtney, I have enjoyed reading your story and am so excited for you that you now have a beautiful baby! There were many things that you said that I completely relate to. Thanks for your comment and I have also added you to my list of blogs I follow! I look forward to seeing little Henry grow up!