Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thankful.

I don't know what to do with myself! We are going to meet Baby Henry by Friday and as much as I try to wrap my brain around that I feel like I'm living in a dream. I know there is probably so much that I need to do around the house to prepare, but I don't know what to do. Some of our family is coming up tonight so this is my last chance to get ready. Right now I'm sitting here looking up at one of my favorite pictures taken of Shaun and I on our wedding day. Our photographer pulled us away from the reception to take some pictures outside. We sat on a bench together, and my forehead was resting on Shaun's cheeks. Most of our wedding day was a blur, but I can distinctly remember the stillness of that moment and how amazing it felt to be together. It makes me want to cry (I am crying actually) when I look at that picture because we had no idea at that time how much heartache we were going to face and how much deeper our relationship would become because of our trials together. I can now say as we are days away from meeting our sweet little miracle that I wouldn't take back one second of the wait...not one tear...because I'm so grateful for how God has used infertility in our lives. I can see His purpose in the pain. I've loved every moment of this pregnancy...even the bedrest. To feel so full of life after so many years of feeling empty and barren, there are no words to describe that joy. I guess to be honest there is a part of me that is a little sad about it being over, but I know that will all melt away when I finally get to look into the eyes of our sweet boy. I will keep all of you updated if anything happens!

12 comments:

Tabitha said...

Good luck! I'll be praying for you and baby Henry!

M said...

New life is so amazing!

I've been following your blog the last few months and just want to wish you good luck and blessings as you welcome Henry into the world! (p.s. I LOVE the name Henry... so classic!)

Ashley said...

Good luck! Can't wait to keep up with this new chapter of your lives...so amazing :) Enjoy these last few days of being pregnant...sleep (if you can) ... go out to eat with just Shaun...get a pedicure :) xoxo

Richelle & Mike said...

I keep checking for an update from you! I loved that post. You really are grateful. I'm right there with you. Good luck on Friday (or sooner) I'll be praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said.

Michelle said...

Oh girl! You are such a beautiful writer! I'm tearing up...with excitement, joy, and just more excitement for you guys! I can't wait!!!! I'm almost as excited about "meeting" Henry as I was for my own! hehehe!!!! Sending you tons of ELV's!!!
Many hugs,
Shelley

Bonnie said...

I can't wait to meet Henry!

Adriane said...

yous was one of the first "infertility blogs" i started reading when i came to terms with my own struggle. it's given me hope. thanks for sharing so vivdily and vulnerably. God totally has His hand on you and i'm so happy for you and your husband to be the proud parents of Henry:)

Lindsey said...

I'm wiping tears from my eyes....purpose in the pain...what encouraging words.

Can't wait for the first pictures of little Henry!

I Believe in Miracles said...

One more day!!! I'm so excited for y'all. Be praying, sweet friend.
~~HUGS~~

MoDLin said...

I have been following you for several days and can feel your excitement mount. You're almost there! Can't wait to hear how beautiful your baby boy is! All the best.

Kate said...

beautifully said courtney! i will be keeping your family in my prayers on friday-- hoping for a smooth & peaceful delivery for you & baby henry!