Monday, August 3, 2009

Progress!

Just got back from a much better doctor appointment than last week! What a difference a week can make! I'm currently 3 almost 4 cm dilated, 60% effaced, and Henry is dropped and ready to go! Dr says it could be any day. We are going to wait on induction and if nothing happens by Friday morning then we will start a small dosage of pitocin to get things going. So what does this mean????? Shaun and I are going to get to meet our sweet boy by this Friday. We are literally hours/days away from holding him. As much as I try to wrap my brain around that, I just don't think I'm going to believe it until I get to kiss his sweet cheeks. I was holding back my excitement as much as possible while Shaun and I were in the clinic, but once we got into the elevator...I busted out into a little happy dance. I'm giddy :). I'm definitely going to update the moment I even think about going to the hospital! I even have the email update activated on this blog so I should be able to write emails on my blackberry to update the blog. All of you have been so sweet and supportive through this journey...I'm not going to leave y'all in the dark! Well off to get some last minute things done around the house. Body is definitely "cleaning out"...getting ready for labor, but no regular contractions just yet.

16 comments:

sweetpeanme said...

Oh boy!!! Anytime now!!! That's so exciting!!! And you're like a third of the way dialated...you'll have that boy out in no time!!! :o)

Tabitha said...

YAY! It's getting closer. He will be born around the same time as my nephew which will be born by C-Section. I wish you all the luck.

Lisa said...

I never made any progress... they started my contractions and then at the end, I had to go with a c-section. The only thing I can remember is being so excited to meet my precious boy!! I am so happy for you. I will keep praying that your birth plan goes as planned.

~Lisa

Megs said...

Ahh!! Sooo exciting!!! Can't wait to meet the little man! :)

Heather said...

Can't wait to see pictures of him. You are farther dialated than I was with either of mine so that is a bonus. I had to have c-sections. Good luck it will be soon.

Birdee said...

I don't think you'll make to friday! I'll bet you have him sooner, which is Soo Exciting!!

Richelle & Mike said...

Good Luck Courtney!!! I'm so excited for you. Henry will be in your arms in less than a week. Can't wait for your updates!

Michelle said...

Ahhhh!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I saw your post on WebMD and the 3-4cm adn 60% made me say "yippeee" outloud! I am so excited for you!!!! I was 3cm and 70% on my Monday appointment and went on Saturday. My SIL was 3cm and 70% and went the very next day! YIPPEEE!!! Oh I am so stinking excited for you guys!!!!! I CANNOT wait to see pictures of sweet Henry and read all about his entrance into the world...okay, I'm crying!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!e

Michelle said...

Ooooh, and the first poster said, you're 1/3 of the way there! YIPPEEE!!!!! Hope that means a super easy and quick labor for you!!!!!

Robin said...

Woooohooo!! You're almost 4 cm? You're going to have a really quick labor (fingers crossed).

Good luck!! Congratulations :)

Nicole said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now, but never commented - but I wanted to say congrats and I hope the labor goes smoothly!

Maddy said...

can you post a belly picture?
maddyforeman@yahoo.com

Brooke said...

Wow, I am so happy for y'all and I can not wait to meet the little man! Hurry up Henry!!!

I Believe in Miracles said...

WoW!!!!

Oh my goodness. So so exciting.

~~HUGS~~

Alison said...

Can't wait. We are greatly anticipating baby Henry's arrival and pray for you daily. Just know if they have to jack up the potocin it is okay to get the epidural - you will want it. :)

Alison said...

I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear the good news. Get ready to experience one of the greatest things God gives us - parenthood. I am so glad that He is giving you this gift in your precious little Henry. You will be amazed at how much you will love him. Our God is truly amazing!