Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Big News!

I had my dr appt today, and my ob took me off bedrest!! So as of today I am a free woman! I will of course continue to take it easy, stay hydrated, and take meds, but I'm very happy to be able to do some things! I can't believe how fast the past five weeks have gone by! It wasn't easy, but it really wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I'm actually grateful for the time that I had to rest up and to process all that is happening right now. Henry passed the biophysical ultrasound with flying colors, and he is measuring a little ahead at 4 lbs 12 ounces. He should gain approx. a half a pound a week from now until he is born. I just can't get over that I'm going to get to meet him soon. Shaun and I both are having little thoughts/dreams pop in our head that get us so excited. Like last night in the kitchen, Shaun said "ooh! I just thought about Christmas! Think about how much fun Christmas will be with Henry." It is all starting to feel real as we get the house ready to bring him home, but I don't think it will really feel completely real until we hold him in our arms. Thank you for all of the prayers and encouragement during bedrest...I can't tell you how much it meant to me! P.S. Expect a 33 week picture not from the couch this week!

9 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

Congratulations! You are such a trooper. You're going to be a great momma.

Enjoy your freedom!

Lisa said...

It still doesn't feel real sometimes for me!

Lindsey said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on getting off bed rest. Guess it means you were an excellent patient these past 5 weeks.

Misty Dawn said...

Congrats Courtney!

Birdee said...

Yay! Congrats!
Now go do all those fun thing's you've been wanting to do with your cute baby belly =D

Robin said...

That is such awesome news!!! Congratulations!! Go out and have some fun..!

Kate said...

congrats! enjoy your freedom & make the most of it-- before you know it your little guy will be here & life will never be the same! :)

Unknown said...

My god hun you look gorgeous! And you are really not long to go! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really like your posts and your pics aswell! I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. Have you picked a name for baby yet? The name you pick for your baby should be as unique as they are. I rememer I spent a lot of time chilling out choosing my baby names. Here a great link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ Let us know how it's going!! Jo and her little Marlow

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from LFCA...

Congrats! I hope you can enjoy these last few weeks. Best of luck with everything!