Thursday, June 11, 2009

31 Weeks and Dr Appt Update

I am a very happy bedrest camper right now! I had a great doctor's appointment this afternoon, and I'm starting to feel like a full term delivery is a likely possibility for us! I was so nervous about this appointment. Henry was hardly moving at all this morning, and I was having some unpleasant symptoms that can be a sign of labor. I was thinking the absolute worst! Dr checked me, and my cervix is still holding steady at a fingertip dilated (YAY!!). I expressed my concerns about Henry's lack of movement so he sent me for a biophysical ultrasound. We had to wait for him to practice breathing...it took some time, but he finally practiced. I enjoyed watching my little guy on the screen for an extended period of time. He was taking a nice nap but thankfully he moved around a little for me. Henry is getting so big! It doesn't seem that long ago that he was just the size of a pea on our first ultrasound. My next appointment is Tuesday, June 23rd, and we will do another biophysical ultrasound to check in on our little guy.

In other news....I'm 31 weeks!! Last night was our big Wednesday celebration. Shaun brought home subs for dinner, and we watched Marley & Me. ****Spoiler Alert****- the miscarriage scene where they found out at the ultrasound that the baby's heartbeat had stopped beating (very similar to how we found out with baby faith) just about put me into uncontrollable sobbing. But overall it was a great movie, and it was a fun night together! And even though I look rough on bedrest...I still feel the need to document every week's celebration.


14 comments:

Lisa said...

So happy to hear that your little guy is doing ok and you look fabulous! You may not think so, but you still have that pregnancy glow and you look great! Lovin the belly shots.

Take Care,
Lisa

Rebekah said...

I still think you look beautiful! I am glad to hear you are in good spirits and that little Henry is doing so well! 62 days to go...wow!

Richelle & Mike said...

You look great Courtney! And you definitely should celebrate each week. Glad to hear Henry is staying put!

Heather said...

Courtney you look beautiful.

Robin said...

Congratulations!!! You look so happy..!

Anonymous said...

i just came across your blog...i think by your posts that you are due august 12th? i am also due the same day! we had an 18 week loss last year, so are thrilled to be pregnant again this year....i've been on bedrest since 21 weeks also. aaaand, i think we have the same crib (baby italia?)!
here's to us making it til at least 36 weeks :)

Misty Dawn said...

Congrats Girl!!

Michele said...

so glad things are going well! that is wonderful news! and you look great! :)

Searching for Serenity said...

You're a trooper! Keep it up, Mamma

P.S. I refuse to watch Marley & Me. My hormones are out of control lately. M&M would certainly send me over the edge.

Michelle said...

So glad to hear about the wonderful appointment! You are such a beautiful pregnant woman! Stil glowing!

I agree, Marley and Me was big time triggers...that's how I found out about both of my m/c's...but I was luckily warned it was going to occur...but still, I too cried like crazy when it happened. I was glad I was home and not at the theater when i saw it!

zerodoll said...

So happy for you! I'm due on Aug 15th, so right behind you, been on bedrest since Apr 21 with funneling and a dynamic cervix.

Kate said...

way to go girl! you look great!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! And you look very happy!
So glad to hear Baby Henry is doing so well! Hopefully he enjoys his home so much that he wants to hang out in there for several more weeks! :)

Lindsey said...

You look great, Courtney! Keep staying off those feet!