Thursday, June 18, 2009

32 Weeks....YAY!

Yesterday was our big Wednesday celebration day! I can't believe we are 32 weeks! 32 weeks means that we've met our doctor's immediate goal and that we have completed an entire month of bedrest. A month went by super fast so I know the last two weeks are going to fly! Shaun brought home bbq sandwiches, potato salad and baked beans from my favorite BBQ restaurant in town (yum yum!), and we watched another chick flick this week (He's Just Not that Into You). I love our Wednesday nights :). I realized at the end of the night that we didn't take a 32 week pic, and I can't stand breaking tradition so we decided to take a pic of just our hands since we both were not picture ready (if you know what I mean-wink wink). By the way...I just realized that I held up 32 weeks last week...what was I thinking??!! And none of y'all called me out on that! Wednesdays are also the days that I take a shower and let myself take a little more time (sitting down of course) to fix my hair and makeup. Shaun came home from work and said, "Wow what did you do?...you look hot." I'm sure it was a nice change to see me in regular clothes with clean hair and makeup. Right before Shaun got home from work, I decided to stand up and experiment with taking a few maternity pictures of myself. I know this sounds silly, but I was so scared that I was going to go into labor and not have any decent pictures of my last few weeks of pregnancy. Here is a sample of some of the photos & our fingers holding up 32!

Pretty funny pic and we kinda got our fingers in the wrong order...but hey we tried and we didn't break tradition!



Shaun purchased this entire outfit for me by himself last weekend at Target...he has such great taste!



This is what happens when you attempt to take pictures of yourself...no face :)







22 comments:

Lindsey said...

The first picture of you and Shaun made me laugh...and those last ones made me cry! Those are incredible, Courtney! There is no way I could do something like that by myself! Seriously, those look like professional shots!

Congratulations on making it to 32!

Michelle said...

LOL about no one calling you out about the 32 last week...I noticed and thought I was just missing something somehow! :)

Your weekly dates are such an awesome idea! I wish we would have done something so great!

The pictures you took are aboslutely awesome! WOW! And you are just beautiful! A glowing mommy to be indeed!!

Rebekah said...

Congrats on 32 weeks!! Those pictures are so beautiful, you did a great job!!

Kelly said...

Those pics are great! And think about how much $$ you saved doing them yourself! Beautiful! =)

Foster Mama said...

You look beautiful!!!!

Nichole said...

Yes - you are definitely quite the photographer! Congrats on 32 weeks - what a relief for you! Almost There!!!

Lisa said...

I love the 32 week picture. Too cute!! I also think your hubby has GREAT taste in shopping for clothes for you. The pictures of you and that precious babu belly are excellent!! Thanks for sharing and congrats on 32 weeks!!

Lauren said...

You guys are too funny, and so cute!
Love the pics. You're just lovely. :)

Sara said...

You look so beautiful, momma! Great pics!

juliane2004 said...

Pics are beautiful!!

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Congrats on 32 weeks - you look gorgeous!!!!

Which reminds me, i need to haul myself to a professional photographer before I'm too big, and I'm only 29 weeks :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

P.S. The profile pic is 21 weeks, so don't be fooled LOL

Richelle & Mike said...

Congrats on 32w Courtney! Your pics are beautiful!

Tabitha said...

Awe...so cute!!

Birdee said...

Wow, those are excellent pictures, and you did those yourself?
I'm thinking of doing mine myself but don’t have a clue where to begin.
Congrats on 32 weeks.
And you can always do what I do, flip the picture to make it say 32 instead of 23.

Kate said...

the pics are beautiful! who needs a professional photographer? you look gorgeous & congrats on 32 weeks!
my guys were born at 33 & are doing awesome-- your little henry stands a great chance if he shows in the next few weeks-- way to go mom!! (altho i'm hoping he stays put til term-- you can do it courtney!)

Robin said...

Those pictures are GORGEOUS!! You did such a great job with them. You look beautiful, too!

Congrats on 32 weeks! (I noticed the fingers last week but thought I was missing out on something so didn't say anything..)

Anonymous said...

you are so beautiful! At first I thought I was looking at the model the company used to pose in the clothes!!
Congrats on reaching 32 weeks!!! :)

Christy and Kevin said...

Just found your blog. My husband and I also went through infertility issues and losses. I am happily pregnant now and scheduled to be induced on Friday 6/26 at 38 wks. Congratulations on sweet Henry. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Christy
www.dailynewsofus.blogspot.com

☆ Loren ☆ said...

Check out my "Manic Monday" Post, there is an Award waiting for you!

Indy said...

You are beautiful....I (like Holly)thought those were pictures of the model. =)

B MoM said...

u are so beautiful! I hope I look as good as you do when I'm that far along!!!