Tuesday, September 9, 2008

9 Years Together

Today Shaun and I celebrated 9 years together. We started dating on 9-9-99 so it was obviously very easy for us to remember that date! Shaun surprised me by making dinner reservations at a really nice restaurant in town. I just thought we were going to celebrate over our usual cereal dinner, but he made plans...so romantic and sweet!! I was thinking back today about what a major crush I had on him 9 years ago...(he was the oh-so-hot new football player at our high school). Back then I just couldn't get over it that he wanted to be MY boyfriend, and now 9 years later...I'm still amazed at how truly blessed I am to call him MY husband, and I definitely still have a major crush on him.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

That's so cute! Awwww......!!!!

andrea_jennine said...

Happy 9 years of togetherness!

Anonymous said...

oh, that is so very romantic and what an easy day to remember. Really he has NO excuses ;) Congrats!!

I Believe in Miracles said...

That is very very romantic. I love that the date is easy to remember. I have to think back, review calendars, and such to figure out our first date. It was sometime in January (how bad am I?) Needless to say, 9 years and it keeps getting better is awesome!!! I love that you still have a crush on him. Awe....

Elaine said...

Congrats on 9 years of happiness together! Wishing you 999 more years to come!