Friday, September 19, 2008

IUI #2



IUI #2 went very well this morning! (I'm not saying "peace" in the pic by the way..I'm saying yay for IUI #2) After delivering our specimen, we had 45 minutes to get some breakfast so we went to a great breakfast place by the hospital for a quick bite. Here I am enjoying my last meal as a non-pregnant person (please take note of my positive/hopeful attitude)



When we got back to the office, we only had to wait about five more minutes and then they called us back. Shaun's sperm report was great! 150 million after wash! It was a little akward this time because the nurse practitioner was teaching the new young nurse how to do an IUI, but it was a lot less painful than last time so I was happy. After the nurses left, Shaun said a really sweet prayer, and we had a great time laughing and talking while I stayed somewhat still on the table. We actually had such a fun time that we lost track of time, and the nurse had to come in to tell us it was time to go. I told Shaun this morning on the way that I liked the little traditions that we are starting with the our IUI days like going to breakfast..etc. And he said..."traditions? I don't want to make this a tradition! I want to have a baby!." I couldn't agree more, but at the same time, we have to celebrate these little baby steps along the way!

14 comments:

Nikki said...

I agree - we've gotta celebrate the little baby steps along the way. Anything that can keep our spirits up and can keep our thoughts positive! Good luck Courtney - can't wait to hear your outcome in 2 weeks! Fingers crossed!

Lisa said...

Always celebrate the small things. Good luck with the 2ww. I know it's a real hooch.

Megs said...

yay for #2, keep up the positive attitude :) Hope this is the one for you! Good luck!

***Hugs***

Anonymous said...

Oh hunny this one has to work! Im so pulling for you! Come on Spermies! I was wondering if you were still gonna have your IUI thats why I was checking on ya. Hadnt seen you post anything so had to be sure. You are so pretty! Even laying on a table with a sheet you look beautiful lol! You will have adorable babies! Sending lots of baby dust to you! Heap loads that I have saved up. I dont need it right now so you can have it! And when Im ready after you get your BFP then you can send it back to me. Love ya girl. Aubrey

Ashley said...

Hi!! I had my second IUI on September 12th!! I hope that it works for you this month:) I will be saying a prayer for you!! apatin1@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

YAY! i really hope this is the one for you guys sweetie-- it sounds like you got it off to a great start! Will be keeping you in my prayers this 2ww... lots of luck & BABY DUST!!!!

p.s. you are such a cutie! even under a sheet-- your LO will be a beautiful baby!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything went well! Those are great numbers and I'm glad it wasn't as painful this time. Hopefully this 2ww will go by fast and you can get that BFP and those baby steps will be literal!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah for the wonderful count!! That's awesome. And I love the positive attitude. Saying a prayer for you right now. I'm crossing fingers big time for you in this 2ww.
**HUGS**

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

i came across your blog for the first time and wanted to say hello! i hope your iui is a success! i had a failed iui last month and will be doing it again in october. sending baby dust your way!

Melanie said...

YAY for your 2nd IUI going so well. And YAY for a great count. You two are so sweet. I love love love your positive attitude!! It rocks!!! Good luck to you!!! I hope your 2ww goes by fast.. that's the hard part. You'll be in my prayers for a BFP!!!!!!

Lauren said...

Good luck, Courtney! I love your positive attitude. :)

Wannababy said...

Came to your blog thru blog hoping. Going thru the same. Good Luck on your IUI

Lisa said...

You've been tagged! Details on my blog.

I Believe in Miracles said...

Great news about insurance!! I'm hoping you won't have to go there though and this one is it for you!!
**HUGS**