Monday, November 17, 2008

IUI #4



Shaun was so cute last night. He told me that he was really "looking forward to tomorrow." It just made me so happy to hear that because I really love our IUI mornings too. This morning started off a little late because I kept hitting the snooze. It is already a big enough challenge for us to get ready, get the sample, and beat the morning traffic to get to our clinic at 8 am so when I saw we were running late I decided to not care. I have made a special effort to remain as relaxed as possible this cycle (you can thank my therapist for this new emphasis). So we got the sample..skipping some details..and we were on our way. Yall would crack up at me at how protective I am of our army of spermies in the cup. I keep the cup safely in the palm of my hand as I put my makeup on in the car with one hand (shaun is driving of course). And I proudly carry it into the clinic that way...no paper bag for me! After we dropped off the little guys, we headed over to mcdonalds to grab some breakfast (one of our favorite iui traditions). We got called back not long after we got back to the clinic. I had to laugh at my nurse because she asked me if it was okay if she did the IUI. I said "of course you've pretty much done all of them," and she said, "I know that's why I wanted to make sure it was okay with you and that you didn't want a change." She asked me how I was feeling, and I told her that I felt very fertile especially with all of this cm. Then I opened my big mouth and said "I mean Saturday was the best I have ever had." Well of course she got the wrong idea and thought I was talking about bding instead of cm...haha. It is very uncomfortable to laugh when a nurse is in your area trying to put a metal speculum in there. After the nurse left, Shaun praved over the IUI, and he prayed for a miracle. Then the nurse came in with Shaun's count, and this was his best yet at 187 million. And don't worry...we took a picture...I'm obviously not one for breaking traditions. I will try to post it tomorrow, but I'm still writing my blogs on my blackberry since my computer is broken.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

BABY DUST! BABY DUST!!! BABY DUST!!!!!

I'm sending tons of prayers to you guys that this cycle blesses you with a precious gift from God!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Praying for you!! Love the nurse comments. That made my day.
**HUGS**

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that you've been such an inspiration to me. I think injectibles and IUI are the next steps for us and reading your story with your positive outlook has really comforted me.

I hope this is THE cycle! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you endure the tww.

Alicia said...

Know that I am praying for you!!

Misty Dawn said...

I am so amazed with your counts!!! I sure hope those swimmers find one of those eggs!!! Guess we will know soon.

Roll TIDE!! I'm ready for our big game next weekend, are you??

Nichole said...

I am sending you baby dust! I really hope this one is it for you!!!

twondra said...

I found you through Lost and Found. Good luck! I hope this is your BFP!!

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK! I'm praying for a Thanksgiving miracle for you and Shaun!

Nikki said...

Good luck Court! As always - fingers crossed for you sweetie!

BTW - I tagged you for an award on my blog!

Faith said...

What a great count!! We've got everything crossed that this time is THE time for you guys.