Monday, July 13, 2009

35 Weeks and Dr Appt Update

I know I keep saying this, but time is flying! I thought this was the part of the pregnancy that things were supposed to drag! I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday, and we only have 30 days until our due date. 30 days or less until I get to hold my boy! (disclaimer: may actually be more than 30 days!). Shaun and I are getting very excited, and we are continuing to nest like crazy. If Henry really doesn't come until his due date or after no telling what this place is going to look like. Shaun even got new lighting fixtures for our bathroom last night at Lo.we's. I'm still very much enjoying my time with Henry in my belly, and I'm surprised by how comfortable I am these days. I'm definitely getting to the point where it is hard to stay on my feet for very long, but as long as I take breaks and stay off my feet, then I am good to go! This Sunday is my baby shower. I can't tell you how weird it feels to write that sentence. My baby shower...wow. I'm going to be an emotional disaster. I'm either going to walk around with a lump in my throat the entire time and make it through or one present or comment is going to trigger it...and I'm going to be crying uncontrollably. I'm trying to decide if I should go buy a new dress for the shower. It seems a little silly to buy a maternity dress at this point, but none of my dresses fit anymore. You know your belly is getting big when your maternity clothes don't fit!! I don't like either of the mother.hood stores in this area so that leaves me with a fancy maternity boutique type place, which probably also means...cha ching! I will probably go look tomorrow. In other shopping news...Shaun and I bought a new video camera! We actually found the camera at "Worst" Buy, but we bought the display model for several hundred dollars off. Shaun and I agreed that we wanted to get an HD camera...Henry in HD is a must! so I'm glad we were able to find one in our budget. It is also a Sony, which I'm very happy about because I've always liked Sony cameras. I LOVED the quality/performance of the Sony XD.Cam that we had at my old job even though I didn't get to play with it very much since we got it a few months before I left :(. But I did get to edit some of the footage and that was a lot of fun. So now that we have a video camera of course we are getting it out and playing with it! And we both couldn't get over how fat we looked! I'm sure the camera adds ten pounds..right??!! Shaun has now decided to put down the milkshakes and to try to lose some weight before Henry gets here. I on the other hand have accepted that this is just part of it, and I will continue to drink my chicky.fil.a milkshakes! Have y'all had one of those?? They are the best! I haven't tried the peach one yet, but I'm sure it is good too. If you haven't tried one...start with the cookiesncream...it is our fav. On the subject of weight it is probably a good time to now talk about my dr appt today...

I love my nurse. She seriously is the best. She cracked me up today..."Wow..You are still pregnant! I was telling Dr. C today...man doesn't it feel like Courtney has been pregnant forever??!!." I know they are tired of seeing me in their office! My first appt was super early into my pregnancy, and I hardly ever made it from a regular appt to another regular appt without having to go in for some "scare." Then she takes my weight and says "oh just two pounds" in the sweetest voice. She made it sound so pleasant that I didn't even realize that was two pounds in ONE week (thanks Mom for pointing that out ;). My Group B Strep was positive so they will have to start antibiotics in an IV when I get to the hospital...haven't googled this yet but it seems common and no cause for an alarm. And there were NO changes to my cervix...just a fingertip dilated still with about 60% effacement (actually I can't remember if it was 40 or 60 so I'm going with 60 for now :). I'm glad that this means that Henry is most likely not coming anytime soon and that we will have a fully cooked little guy...what a blessing!! But now I start to worry that after all of that pre-term labor, medicine, bedrest that I'm going to stay fingertip forever. Doctor seems confident that I will probably make progress soon and reminded me that it will be good for him to stay in until 39 since he is a boy. I also finally had the natural chat with my doctor. He was very sweet about it, and said that he would not pressure me to do anything and that it was completely up to me. The only concern that he had is that he didn't want me to feel like a failure if I ended up with a c-section or an epi. I explained to him that we realize that a lot is out of our control but that we would like to try. He told me to explain to the L&D nurses our plans and that they would completely respect my wishes. We laughed a lot, and I told him that if I started cursing that I would get an epi (he is an elder in our church). So YAY for getting that little chat over with! I definitely felt like I needed to be honest with him, but I felt a little silly knowing that is NOT something he hears very often these days. I think the most common question he probably gets at this stage is "when can we get this baby out?" and "how soon after I get to the hospital can I get my epi?" Another appt next Monday...

Oh and I forgot to mention that bags are packed and ready to go! And that Shaun installed the carseat this weekend. We love seeing it in our backseat...so fun! Here are some pics...

Shaun after the "easy" installation.


Catching Shaun in the middle of a little happy dance. This picture doesn't really capture how cute it was, but it makes me laugh so here it is...


"Yay I finally have a carseat in my car!"


"Uh oh...this is already heavy without a baby!"


Ready to go! Carseat with sunshade and mirror so we can watch Baby Henry in our rear view mirror.

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Still looking great! Makes me happy to read about your happiness.

Anonymous said...

YOu look great Court! Cant wait for you to have little Henry. I have about 35 days before my little Caitlyn will be here. We have waited so long for this I cant belive that soon we both will have our miricales. Aubrey

Birdee said...

I'm so happy you get your baby shower NOT on bed rest. You deserve a blissfull happy ending.
I'm going natural too, I'm so excited and nervous.
Your belly is gorgeous, I'd say mine isn't as big (with me only being a few days behind you) but then I look at pics and I agree, the camera must add 10 lb's (lol)

Nichole said...

Wow - you look amazing! How exciting!!!

Michelle said...

I loved seeing the car seat just waiting in my car too! It's so exciting! And I just love seeing y'alls pictures preparing and glowing! You look awesome mommy! I CANNOT wait to hear about baby Henry! Have a wonderful shower...yippeee!!!!

Bernardeena said...

Wow you look great! Glad the chat went well with your Dr, like he says just try and keep a relaxed attitude re pain meds and c section if needs must. Not long left at all now, you must be so excited!

I Believe in Miracles said...

Yeah!! You look ADORABLE!! I love your little baby bump.

Good job installing the car seat. I haven't even begin to think about when that's going to happen. I still need to wash everything too...

~~HUGS~~

Faith said...

You are looking good, Courtney!!! Love seeing your smile.

Unknown said...

Somehow came across your blog months ago when GA legisation was proposed in relation to IVF and pop in here sometimes. I can't tell the exact car set up, but usually it is safest to put the car seat in the middle of the backseat. You might want to check in to that. Congrats on your upcoming arrival!
Elizabeth (mom of 4 in Atlanta)