Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Baby Shower

It is hard to even put into words how much my baby shower meant to me on Sunday. I woke up on Sunday morning very excited about the shower, but I had to almost keep telling myself that it was happening because I could hardly believe it. I took a lot of time getting ready so I wouldn't feel rushed and tried to make myself look as cute as possible in this not-so-cute stage of pregnancy. I even wore maternity spanx! I don't think they helped but oh well I tried :). Shaun helped me pick out which heels to wear, and I was off to my baby shower. I could already feel the emotions starting to come up when I was driving over to the shower, but when I pulled up to the shower...I lost it. The shower was at my good friend Bridget's house. Bridget has walked this journey with me every step of the way. She unfortunately knows all too well the pain of loss and trying to conceive, and we are still waiting for the miracle that God has for them. As I drove up, I couldn't help but think about the many conversations that we shared at her house...she comforted me after my loss, I "coached" her with her first shot, discussions about treatments, and times when there wasn't much either one of us could say. But now I was driving up for my baby shower, and I couldn't help but feel so many conflicting emotions at the same time. Her mailbox was tied with baby blue balloons...a stork next to her door, but it was for me. It was difficult and humbling to see. I had these huge tears in my eyes, and I quickly found a napkin in my glove compartment to hold up to try to absorb the tears. I somehow pulled myself together, and I had an even harder time as I walked in to the cutest baby shower I've ever seen. I'm so blessed to have such wonderful friends who have supported me and loved me through some of the hardest and best times of my life. Several of my friends from my support group came to my shower, and it really meant so much to me to have them there. It is amazing the close bond that we all have when we only see each other once a month. Once everyone started to arrive, I was too busy to get too emotional, and I had such a fun time seeing everyone and of course opening all of the precious gifts for Baby Henry :). I couldn't have asked for a more perfect shower. And here are some pics to prove it!

Adorable wreath and mantle...taking it with me to hossy for my postpartum door :)


Close-up


Antique Baby Carriage for gifts


HUGE Belly!




Adorable cupcakes..H for Henry!






My beautiful hostesses

6 comments:

LORI said...

Find out where that baby carriage came from!!! I love that!! I totally want one!!!!!!! :) Congrats! You look awesome! I'm almost 35 weeks and my shower is in 2 weeks...def don't think I'll be hot-mamaing it up..just ready to be done. :) :)

Kelly said...

You look great! I am sure you are so excited to meet baby Henry in a few short weeks. Congratulations!

Misty Dawn said...

how beautiful! You have great friends!

Lindsey said...

What sweet friends you have. Bridget sounds like a saint!

Michelle said...

Awwww, I'm bawling crying for you! You have some wonderful friends, the shower looks beautiful! Congratulations mama! I can't believe Henry is almost here!

Indy said...

You look adorable! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your baby shower....our God is an awesome God!!!