Thursday, October 9, 2008

Support

God has blessed me with such an amazing support system through this time in my life. Early this spring, I was sharing in a small group through our church that I was really having a tough time with infertility/loss, and one of the girls in that group just happened to work with one of the leaders of a support group in town. She told me about the group and gave me her co-workers contact info. A couple days later, I was sitting in a room with a group of women who became my instant friends. I love everything about our group. We meet once a month at the home of the leader of our group, and we sit around the table and share a delicious dinner together. We usually just laugh and talk about life and then around dessert time we all go around the table and give our update for the month. Then we move over to the living room, and we discuss the chapter for that month out of the book that we are currently studying (right now we are doing "Baby Hunger" by Beth Forbus...GREAT book..highly recommend it). My favorite part of the night and usually the most emotional time of the night is when we all hold hands and pray for each other. It is such a powerful time, and you can really feel God's presence. We usually leave around ten because we don't rush at all since we only see each other once a month.
My other support group is all of my wonderful WebMd girls and blogger buddies...I can't get over all of the kind words, encouragement, and prayers that I get from all of you. Even today, I was surprised and completely honored at what one of my webmd friends did for me. http://magaliesgarden.blogspot.com/2008/10/hope-sewing-and-sowing.html
"Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting." Psalm 126:5

And I'm sure one of my best blogger buddies will teach me how to make a link on my blog...still haven't figured that out yet! Just wanted to let all of you know how much I appreciate you!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Courtney, I wish I had a club like yours to get some support, but since I don't I appreciate your kind words and cheerfulness all the more. I understand when you get to the point where you want to get on with your life. It does consume you. I cried the other night when DH said to me, "There is a whole world out there." Even he can see that I'm blinded by this. Just remember that even though we are on a different path right now, we are still on the road, we are still moving, and we are given gifts every day to remind us that God is carrying us.

Psalm 121: The Lord is your keeper, the shade on your right hand. Sun shall not strike you by day, not the moon at night. The Lord will keep you from all evil, he will keep your life. He will keep your going out and coming in from this time forth and evermore.

Lisa said...

It is amazing the support you get from people you don't know in real life. And I love the little Courtney doll that Franchesska made! Too cute and you definitely deserve it.

Nichole said...

Courtney, that is awesome that you belong to such a great group. I so wish I had a group like that here. We are always here for you!

Nichole

Faith said...

Hey girl -- I'm glad you are feeling very supported during this tricky, tricky time. We're all cheering for you!

Michelle said...

What an amazing group of people you have met! How wonderful! I hope you stay friends for life and just a short time from now, I hope each and every one of you has a precious bundle that you can all enjoy together and watch them grow. Many prayers for you and all of your friends.
Shelley

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney-- great suggestion- I read "Baby Hunger", and you are right, it's a great book.
I was checking to see how you've been doing. Hang in there. I'm praying for you.