Thursday, August 14, 2008

A New Day

"Tomorrow is a new day"--it was my Mom's favorite thing to say to me when I was growing up...But it was hard to still apply that advice while walking through the valley of infertility because there are very few opportunities in infertility that you get a fresh start or a "new day." As I was recovering from surgery, I received a voicemail from my sister-in-law. She encouraged me to think of this as a new day...a fresh start. I smiled so big when I got her message because I knew that it is what God wanted me to hear. Today is a new day. God has answered our prayers by giving us answers. All of what we have been through the past 2 1/2 years can be explained by this disease. As I waited for surgery alone at that scary point after you say bye to family, but before they roll you into surgery, I prayed for God to give us answers and to heal my body. Then I began to sing "Great is Thy faithfulness" in my head. God is in control of my body and my fertility, and He is faithful. Now here comes the amazing part. The day after surgery, my friend Laura, emailed me the verse below that her friend had just shared with her that day. I know this came from the Lord.

"And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail." -- Isaiah 58:11


"And the LORD will continually guide you.."
Looking back over this journey, we can see God's hand through all of the decisions, circumstances that have taken place. He has guided us to this surgery, and He will continue to guide us as we make more decisions about treatments.

The Lord will..."satisfy your desire in scorched places..."
As some of you may know, surgeons remove endometriosis by using a fine heat gun or laser to remove the endo so I now have many scorched places. I pray that He will satisfy my desire in scorched places.

"And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."
I have often felt like my body has "failed" me but that is simply not true. God is in control of my body, and He has given me infertility for a purpose. I will rest in knowing that He is going to heal me and that He will give me the strength to get through this and that someday I will be "like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."

7 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

What a beautiful post!! I hope the recovery goes smoothly. Will be praying for you.
**BIG HUGS**

Nikki said...

Lovely thoughts and words! I hope you are recovering well. Good luck and feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling much better and am so glad you posted that verse. I too need to hear that today. God does guide us if we let Him. I agree bowel prep is no fun - I get to do that tonight before my egg retrieval tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

This post is so encouraging!

Lisa said...

Way to go with the positive attitude. Always trust God. His plan is bigger and better than ours!

Anonymous said...

Oh hunny Im so glad that they were able to find something wrong. I know you were like me and scared that it would all be for nothing and you still wouldnt have answers. Even though it wasnt entirely what you were expecting them to find Im glad its all over with and now you are gonna get prego and have a beautiful baby to hold and thank god everyday for. I know this is what you have wanted for so long, and God is good and you will get what you deserve when the time is right. LOVE TO YOU!!!! BIG HUGS!!! AUBREY

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing that verse! I'm glad to see you have so much peace following the surgery. I hope it will indeed be a "new day" for you...a day in which God grants you the desires of your heart. Sending up prayers for you!