Monday, July 14, 2008

Courtney for Dummies

While celebrating my TAB cycle with Shaun in B&N with a delicious Cafe Mocha from Starbucks in hand, I wandered (of course) into the women's health section. I picked up a few books about infertility to read including a book called "Endometriosis for Dummies." I started out reading "A Few Good Eggs", which was very funny, but Dr. Court was dying to get into the medical information so I put the entertaining book down and got back to business with my endo book. By page 10, I was hooked...it was quite a page turner because it was describing me...exactly me...the book title might as well have been "Courtney for Dummies." All of my crazy infertility symptoms...they can all be explained by this disease. Let me just list a few:
Luteal Phase Defect
Problems with Follicular Development
Ovulatory Dysfunction
Destruction of Ovarian Tissue (which would in turn cause a higher fsh)
Bowel problems (sorry TMI)
Extremely painful cramps
Miscarriage
Hypogycemia (low blood sugar)
I honestly could not even believe every single symptom was in this book. I of course bought the book, and I pretty much hugged the book all the way home. It felt so good to know that we might be getting close to at least finally having some answers. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I can't wait for my surgery!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I have some of those symptoms too. I still think that I have endo but the damn doc wont do anything about it. When I asked about LAP she told me to wait 6 mths. Well what the heck for? Havent I lost enough babies and been TTC long enough. Im bringing it up again when I go back there and telling her Im not waiting and if the RE wont do it then I am going to talk to the OB about it. That is if Im not prego this cycle. HEHE wishful thinking.

I really hope that they can go in there and find something wrong and fix it and then you are like Erica and prego the next cycle. I know it sounds bad to say I hope that they find something wrong. But girl you are like me, a mystery so to be able to know the answer would be a blessing from above. I wish you tons of luck. Keep us all updated. I love reading your blog hehe
WEBMD-KSMOMMY27
Aubrey

Anonymous said...

YAY-- I'm so glad you're getting close to an answer!! I really hope the lap leads to a solution for you girl! Hoping for the best for you (& you too, Aubrey!)
hugs-- Kate (kprzy)