Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm NOT over it

I sometimes like to think that I'm "over it"..the whole pregnancy thing, but who am I kidding. I went to a chick flick on Friday night with my about-to-pop friend, Jessica (the really sweet one that I threw the shower for). After the movie, the entire theater of women of course went straight to the bathroom. I happened to be in front of her in line, and when a stall became available I started to head for it and then realized that I was being really rude.
"oh sorry jessica, you go ahead."
"oh no, you go...i just went..."
I proceed to the restroom
"But I have to go again!!"
Immediate burst of knowing laughs (way louder then probably anyone laughed in the entire movie)
For some reason I wanted to sit on the toilet and cry. I want to know what it feels like to carry a baby. I want to be able to burst into "knowing" laughter. I'm not "over it", but my desire to be a mother is much, much stronger than my desire to experience the "joys" of pregnancy. Lord turn these empty arms into open arms..ready to receive the miracle you have in store for us.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about that experience. I totally think it's the little things that make infertility so hard. I'm praying also that your arms will soon be full. This is some journey, huh?

Elaine said...

I am still praying for you. I know that one day God will fill your arms with more children to love than you ever dreamed possible. Waiting on God is the hardest part... I pray that God will help you carry this burden. I pray that you will find happiness until His time. And, it's okay to cry. He hold's every tear in His hand.

-Hugz-

Ellie said...

Hey girl- I took two days off from work for my laparoscopy (the day of the surgery plus one day to recover.) My surgery was on a Wednesday, I was off Thursday, then went back Friday. In hindsight, I wish I had asked for a Thursday surgery day. (I asked about Friday but they were all booked up.) Although the pain wasn't too bad on that Friday at work, it was still hard to stand up straight and sit so straight up in an office chair. It wasn't so bad that I needed to leave early, even though my bosses said I could if I needed to.

Hope this helps! Make sure you have a heating pad at home- the weirdest pain from the surgery is the trapped gas in your shoulders. The heating pad helps a lot!

Let me know if you have any more questions. :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and could immediately sympathize with the feeling of almost "being left out" when pg talk comes up.
Me and dh have also been trying for over 2 years now. I just started stims for IVF #2 yesterday. It's a long, lonely road to walk, but I believe our miracle will come. I'll check back to see how you're doing. Yes, blogging can be really good, FREE therapy!

Anonymous said...

catching up on your blog & saw this post.... sweetie, i'm right there with you! We'll get there, & you will be an amazing mom.
:)
kate (kprzy)