Saturday, June 7, 2008

FSH Results

Yesterday was a scary day. For the fist time in this journey, I actually find myself seriously questioning if we will be able to have biological children. It has been in the back of mind the past couple of months, but now it seems to be a actual possibility. My day 3 FSH level came back at 9.73...10 is considered a diminished ovarian reserve by my RE's lab. So there are two ways to look at this number...is the ovary half full or half empty??
ovary half full (a.k.a glass half full)-9.73 is still considered normal. you are young so you have that going for you as well.
ovary half empty (a.k.a glass half empty)- 9.73 might as well be 10. obviously at 24 years old...your numbers should not be anywhere close to 10. There is a problem with your egg quality.
Unfortunately, my re was on vacation this past week so I won't know what he thinks until later this week. My guess is he is either going to move us on to injections or an IVF cycle. I'm sure he will take the ovary hall full approach and will come up with a plan of action for us in the next couple of months.
Finally, I must say that I know that God has plans for us to have children and hopefully many. I rest in knowing that He is in control of my body. I know that the end of this story is going to be beautiful whether God gives us our babies through infertility treatments or adoption...I'm just scared of the heartache that we might have to experience to get there.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Courtney, I saw your blog address over on TTC:IFSG on WebMD. I also blog about my infertility (this is a new developement) and just wanted to say that I hope everything works out for you and God blesses you with your babies. Good luck with your RE and your FSH problems. I hope you get them sorted out.

Michelle said...

I know this was certainly a scary day for you...I'm constantly praying for you.