Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Two BFNs Too Many

This was my first cycle with my RE so I got to have mid-cycle follicle ultrasounds for the first time. I had great expectations for my follicles because I had a decent progesterone number (16.4) last cycle on 50mg of Clomid. Well at cd 10 they were 12 and 14mm on my right ovary. I went back at cd 12 expecting them to be at least 4mm bigger,and they were the same size. So my dr wanted me to come in just one more time at cd 15 to see if there was any growth...and there wasn't.RE told us to keep getting together because stranger things have happened, but he said he would be surprised if we got pregnant this cycle. Fast forward to cd 19-21...Shaun and I took a beach trip for the weekend, and we had a good time if you know what I mean. The monday after our trip I had my after o signs...dried up cm and sore ns so I took an opk, and it was positive. Ovulation on cd 21 was confirmed the next day by a temp rise. I called my RE's office to ask the nurse if I could take the prog supps just in case, and she said that it couldn't hurt to go ahead and take them. Now I will be the first to admit that I am a POAS (pee on a stick) addict. I can't help
but test early so I tested 11dpo and of course only saw one line. As much as I would have been absolutely shocked by a BFP, the Big Fat Negative was still so sad. I always hold my sticks up to the light just hoping for a glimmer of a second line. I can't wait for digital hpts to be as cheap and as sensitive as the regular two line hpts...that will save me a lot of time and squinting. Again at 14 dpo...just one line so I was able to stop the progesterone, which was the only good news. Every time I get a BFN now I have the urge to do what Tina Fey did in the movie Baby Mama. I haven't seen the movie yet, but fortunately this scene is in the trailer. Fast forward to about :30 secs in the trailer...link below. I love the digital test with the huge bright red "NO." I seriously wish these were available on the market. I love how she shakes it before she reads it like it is somehow going to change the result. But the best part is when she throws it across the bathroom. I think I am going to seriously start throwing all BFNs. I think it would make me feel better...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU34zV9A3gU&feature=related

3 comments:

Bridget Tisdale said...

Court-
This is a great idea...isn't it great to just let it all come out?! I am praying for you---I'm always here if you need me...

B

Anonymous said...

Hi Courtney, I saw your post on WebMd and thought I'd check out your blog. Great idea I think I might start one. So sorry for all you're going through with TTC-I know how you feel. Anyway, I have an off topic question. You sig on WebMd is newlywedAU, is that Auburn, Al? Just curious. That is where I live and I just thought if that was the case-what a small world! My husband have a blog on blogger if you'd like to check it out. GL!!!!!

Michelle said...

I agree, all BFN's need to be thrown out...immediately!!!!