Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Baby Shower

I'm having a baby shower at my house...what was she thinking you might ask? Well honestly when I agreed to do the shower with my friends, I thought to myself..."oh I will be pregnant by then..." So now here I am a little over a week from the baby shower, and a little over a week from finding out if I am pregnant or not. I am incredibly happy for my friend. She is one of the sweetest people I have ever met, and she completely appreciates the gift and miracle that God has given her. But my house is about to start looking like a mini-babies-r-us, and I don't know how I am going to take it. Seriously..what was I thinking? So now here is my dilemma...do I test before the shower (as in a couple days before) or do I have to wait until after the shower? Should I really have to delay my POAS plans because of a baby shower? I seriously think I won't be able to wait. I've tested on mother's day before and gone to church after seeing the bfn so surely I can throw a baby shower at my house after a bfn. Remember that I will be on progesterone supps so I won't start my period on my own. Those of you who know me...know that this conversation is pointless because you know I'm going to test..I can't help myself. But I would still love to hear what all of you think!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Test away. You're going to anyway and it's not going to change the outcome whether you do it before or after the baby shower. Showers can be tough. A few weeks ago, at my hubby's grad party, my cousin brought his brand new 3 week old baby. I didn't know how I would be with that, kind of like how I would be at baby showers. I looked at him for a little bit and then took him. It was the best feeling! I didn't even care that he wasn't mine. I was overjoyed to even be holding a baby. That's when I realized for sure that it doesn't matter if my child has my DNA or not. I'm going to be a mother whether I ever become pregnant or not. It'll be tough, but you'll get through it and you'll be so happy for your friend.

Anonymous said...

Girrrrrl that's a tough one. If you know you're gonna do it anyway then what the heck. I would maybe do it a couple of days before so that if it's a BFN it'll have time to sink in. Last month when I got my BFN, not 10min. after the call my old neighbor dropped by with his 10month old. I didn't have time to get upset, so in the end I was glad they came b/c I couldn't let myself get upset in front of them and turns out it was EXACTLY what I needed. After all if we didn't love babies we wouldn't want one of our own, right?

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

i don't know...can't tell you on that one.

i'm a few days before AF comes.

i say test, cuz i think i'm gonna do it tomorrow!

Ellie said...

I'd say test. If it were me I would rather know than not know. No matter what the baby shower will be tough. Good luck! Hoping that this is IT!!!

Courtney said...

okay so I guess we all agree even though it is going to be hard that I will test next week a couple days before the baby shower and definitely NOT the day of the shower. And I love earl's and audra's perspective about the fact that we love babies, which is why we want one so I should try to just enjoy the baby shower knowing that it will be me some day.

Michelle said...

What I think and what I'd do are totally different.

My head says don't test, just in case. My heart says test, cause you are pregnant!

Me, I'd test because I'd just HAVE to know!!!!

I hope your test comes out with a blarring BFP even before the baby shower so you can throw this baby shower with a huge proud smile!!!