Friday, June 13, 2008

Oh Happy Day

I did not want to get out of bed this morning. Today was my first mid-cycle follicle ultrasound for this cycle, and I just knew I was going to get more bad news. The past couple of days I felt all of these weird twingy pains especially on my left ovary, and I already prepared myself to be expecting a massive cyst. I even tried to bet Shaun on how big it was this morning, but Mr. Optimistic wouldn't take the bet... "I think it is a really big follicle." Well I was very happy to be proven wrong. My ultrasound tech started out on the right ovary, (there is a flat panel screen in front of me so I can see the whole thing--possibly one of my fav things about my re's office) and there were tiny little follicles, and I was thinking "ha I knew it..my stinkin ovaries." Then she went over to the left side and she said "Oh we have a big one!." And there it was...it was beautiful..this perfect huge round black circle covering up most of my ovary..measuring in at 22mm. I had a list of about ten questions about my high fsh results, but I didn't ask a single question because I was too busy talking to Dr. H about the hcg shot and the iui. My dr is not very animated at all so I was taken back when he got to my door and did this little happy "YAY" with his hands in the air. It was quick, but it meant a lot. I met Shaun for lunch, and I told him all about my appointment, but of course I finished with the infertility disclaimer..."but I'm not getting my hopes up." And he said something to me that really made me think: What is it with everyone always saying 'don't get your hopes up'?? Your hopes should always be up because your hope is in the Lord because you know He will provide. The only question is how and when He is going to provide. So true! So let it be known...my hopes are up!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

A 22mm follie is great! I hope this IUI does the trick for you guys. When I started seeing my doctor and started producing follicles and ovulating (all the stuff I should have been doing all along), I started calling the cycles "my big girl cycles." So, congrats on your big girl cycle!

Michelle said...

My hopes are up for you too!!!!