Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dr. Shaun

Last night was sooooo funny. 10:00 rolled around, and you could feel the tension in the air. We both knew it was time. Now we've known since we've been going to a RE that this was part of the plan, but Shaun has always acted like giving me a shot would be "no big deal." So it cracked me up to see Dr. Shaun as we were mixing the shot because I could tell he was getting nervous. I was fine at that point, but when it was time for me to bend over...I started to freak out, and I broke out into a cold sweat. Seeing Dr. Shaun with that loaded syringe was pretty scary. I moved my butt really fast away from him and told him..."I can't do this!!" Dr. Shaun told me that we were going to do this and that I was not even going to slightly move. I listened to my doctor and stuck my butt out like a ttc pro. "Are you going to tell me when you are going to do it..I need to know??" "No! I will give you a 10 second window starting now." So I started counting in my head... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10andahalf,10and3/4,whatistakinghimsolong and then I felt it...the tiniest amount of pain you could ever imagine. "did you do it..i didn't feel that hardly at all...are you sure is it in far enough, did you draw blood...are you putting the medicine in???"...I was full of questions. Dr. Shaun told me to please stop talking because he was concentrating. So I let him finish and then I praised him for his expert shot giving skills. And like all true poas addicts...I woke up this morning to a blaring bfp (on an opk of course...wasn't going to waste a hpt). I just wanted to confirm that the hcg was in my body and working properly. We can only hope that in two weeks from now that I will get to see a second line again .

4 comments:

Bridget Tisdale said...

Y'all are so brave! Just read about IUI's so I am praying specifically for every detail to go perfectly tomorrow! Then for the 2 week countdown...I am FULL of HOPE for you!!!!

Bridget Tisdale said...

Oh, and WAY TO GO, Dr. Shaun!

Lisa said...

Congrats Dr. Shaun. I hope your IUI works and you are preggers soon!

Michelle said...

Alright Dr. Shaun, way to take control! You two make a great team! I can't wait to hear about you two making great parents! Praying for you!!!!